Los Angeles: Museum of Ice Cream

By Milka Amanda - Saturday, September 02, 2017



Last night I went to Museum of Ice Cream (MOIC) and I had a blast. When I watch "Wreck It Ralph", I always dreaming of their Sugar Rush Land could happen for real or simply like "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." My dream came true when I saw a video on Facebook about MOIC. I luckily purchased two tickets for my Tyler and I back in June for $29 per person when MOIC was selling their last batch of pre sale tickets for Los Angeles before moving forward to their next destination: San Fransisco. 



The staff here MAKE this place. If not for the fun party people who work at MOIC the entire experience would be much more banal in comparison. Blasting music, dancing, cracking unexpected jokes, you know these are the people who truly love life & want to make sure you have a good time. 

I thought I saw every pink, multi-colored photo of MOIC out there so when there were rooms I hadn't already seen photos of, I was pleasantly surprised. There were about 10 or so rooms, and they make the museum one-way so once you're done with a room, you can't go back. I thought their organization was great! They split people up into large groups so that everyone got to spend enough time inside. I was glad it was self-guided so you could go at your own pace. 

Intro/Entrance: After the girl gives the *fun* rules, you're finally allowed in. There's a short wait once you're inside, but there's a cart literally three feet deep, FULL of dove chocolates for you to grab. 

Phone Room


So the room I've seen so much of actually has a purpose! Each phone plays an automated message once you follow the instructions. But let's be honest, who was actually listening while they were posing with the pretty pink phones

 California Room


Yessss, reppin' the Best Coast! Beachy vibes & laid back palm trees made up most of this pink & yellow room. This was also the only room with *actual* ice cream. They swap flavors every month, & this month's was a cinnamon churro flavor. Sounds exorbitantly sweet, but it was actually delightfully light on cinnamon & had actual churro chunks in it. I'm not even a fan of cinnamon but I have no complaints about this ice cream. 

Swing Room


This room has a really long waiting line since everyone want to take many picture or boomerang for the swings. Hint: make sure you smell the banana on the wall.

Banana Room


When I saw this room, I was screaming like minion saying "bananaaaaaaaa." Banana is my favorite fruit that I always eat every morning for my smoothie. It made me craving for a banana split. I can just imagine what a pain it must be to de-tangle all those hanging bananas if they get stuck.


Mint Room



A refreshing change of pace from all the PINK. I didn't realize how hard on the eyes the pink got after staring at pink walls for over an hour, and the mint walls were soooooo refreshing to look at. They have three actual different types of mint growing, and the soil smells like chocolate! To satiate those cravings, they provide mochi mint ice cream samples. Unfortunately, Tyler and I doesn't like mint very much or rather not consume it so we passed on the mochi mint ice cream.

Rainbow Room



More like an arcade room. This room had mirror walls, neon pink lights, and even a claw machine! The claw machine is free to play, no quarter required. 

Popsicle Room


A bunch of drippy popsicle statues in this room. I forgot that I didn't take a picture of the next two rooms but there are,
Gummy Bear Room: Gummy bear treats & giant gummy bears made up this room
Black Ice Cream Room: Candy samples here! Black licorice, chocolate malt balls, and black cherry candy for you to try out. 

Sprinkle Pool




You can tell from my enthusiasm that THIS WAS MY FAVORITE PART! Yeah, it's everybody's favorite part. There's just something about sitting in a pile of rainbow plastic that makes you feel a certain way... It's kind of like being in a ball pit, you know those kinds you used to go in as a child? Only this was way better because the sprinkles are so tiny and it actually kinda feels like a "pool". I got to embrace my inner child here so yes I loved it! The pool was much bigger than I thought it would be, allowing six or seven people to have ample playroom in the pool. Yes, they do time you, but I mean that is the only system that's fair to everyone. 

Last Stop


Get ready to say bye to MOIC... this room is the largest, filled with a ping pong table, some benches, and a screen for you to make a silly video. This room is split with the gift shop so you can take a souvenir home with you. They also had a final treat, the pancake ice cream sandwich. My ice cream melted way too quickly so it was more cake than cream but it wasn't bad. There were a lot of folks milling around, looking like they were not quite ready to say bye to this place. Yeah, same. 

All in all, it was a nice experience. Staff was quick to entertain, supplying us with treats and funny anecdotes about celebrities that had been by. The fellow museum-goers are also really nice. They all know MOIC is basically the setting for one giant photo shoot, so everyone is quick to offer to take photos for one another. 

I read a slew of reviews before getting the tickets to make sure it was worth it for me, and it didn't disappoint. But there are a lot of mixed reviews of people who don't think it's worth it, soooo.. I think the only way to gauge that is by asking yourself, "how much do I want a photo of myself with some life-sized gummy bears?" And if the answer is, "very much", then by all means, get your ticket now! Hopefully they're not all sold out. They're sticking around until October, but here's hoping they return next summer!

Next wish list: Someone please create a Museum of Pizza. With samples. Inspired from "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatball" Movie.

x






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. This is definitely not what I'd expect from an ice cream museum. Looks like a hella fun, to use your California parlance. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This looks like so much fun! Had never heard of this before..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! I haven't been to California for years but I might just have to plan a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, i would love to go here! The sprinkle pool would be so fun. Great post and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG INSTAGRAM HEAVEN! This place looks AMAZING. I love all the colours and ohhhh just take me with you to LA! I'm so unbelievably jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This place looks so cool! Wow! My daughter would love to visit this place! Definitely on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This place look like so much fun. I can not wait to got to California and do some of the fun activities that they had.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing experience. Definitely love the mint room! I'd like to visit that one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness - this museum is like the dream of Instagram girls. Definitely adding this to my bucket list when I travel to LA! Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, I wish I had a ice cream museum close to where I live. That would be really cool to be in a pool of sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! This place is so beautiful! I love ice cream. How i wish i can go here to..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh, this is so cute! You can tell whoever dreamed this up wanted it to be plastered all over Instagram. I initially thought that $29 for an ice cream museum was a bit steep, but it seems you get a good value with all those samples and fun photo ops. I hope it comes to Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow so nice Ice Cream Museum, so nice to see your experiences and your photos are great. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This place looks so much fun. I want to try to visit this Ice Cream Museum. So interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this looks like an amazing place! And all those rooms, so much to explore. Thanks for sharing and have a fantastic day ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog is really cool. I loved this post. the pictures are fabulous and refreshing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. After seeing all the Instagram photos and hearing about this on the news, I want to visit so bad!! Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete